- It is used for investigating some of the factors influencing the capacitance of a condenser; such as the distance between the plates and the nature of the medium between them.
- It consists of two adjustable plates, 100mm in diameter, supported on insulating pillars and provided with insulating handles on the ends of the adjustment slide rods.
- 4mm sockets are drilled in the end of the adjustment rods for connection to an electroscope and Earth.
- A rectangular glass plate is supplied which mounts in clips between the two discs and maybe easily replaced by a plate of some other material to show the effect of different dielectrics.
- The whole set up is mounted on a plastic base.
- Other dielectrics included in this kit are flat square plates of wood and Perspex.