This life size sexless torso mounted on a base, composed of 16 parts, All of the major organ systems are represented with great attention to accuracy and detail. Structures are numbered and identified on the accompanying key card.
The head is open, exposing one half of the brain. The neck is dissected ventrally to expose muscular, neural, vascular and glandular structures. The thorax and abdomen are completely open, affording an unrestricted view of the internal organs and structures.
Removable structures include the following:
* half of the brain, divided along the longitudinal fissure, showing internal structures and blood vessels
* eye with optic nerve and extraocular muscles
* descending thoracic aorta and esophagus
* right and left lungs showing the bronchial tree and vasculature
* 2-part heart showing the atria, ventricles, cardiac valves and section through the ventricular heart wall
* half of one kidney, sectioned along the frontal plane to show the internal structure and vessels
* kidney, urethra and urinary bladder with prostate (removable in 2 parts)
* stomach, showing muscular and vascular structures
* pancreas, duodenum and spleen with vessels and ducts
* small and large intestine with removable cover over portion of caecum.