PULLEYS AND BLOCK AND TACKLE EXPERIMENT SET
- For demonstrating how forces can be altered in direction and distributed over an area by simple machines (fixed and movable pulleys, block and tackle) and introducing the concepts of mechanical work, power and energy.
- Complete set of equipment consisting of a stable base plate, retort stand rods, pulley blocks, block and tackle, a set of pulleys of various diameters on an axle, weight holders, slotted weights and a reel of cord.
- All the experiments can be set up quickly and easily since the closed frame around the pulleys prevents the cord from slipping.
The set includes:
- 8 Pulley blocks with single pulleys
- 2 tandem Pulley blocks with 3 pulleys
- 2 Pulley blocks with 4 pulleys
- 1 Wheel and Axel
- 1 Heavy Composite Base (810 x 200 mm2) fitted with 2 sockets, a capstan and an eye hook
- 3 Stand Rods (81 cm x 12.5 mm)
- 8 Collars with hooks
- 3 Right angled clamps
- 1 Reel of Cord
- 1Tommy Bar to tighten vertical rod
- 15 Slotted weights ( 2x 10 g, 2x 20 g, 2x 50 g, 4x 100 g, 4x 200 g, 1x 500 g)
- 7 Weight holders (1x 10 g, 1x 20 g, 5x 50 g)