SOXHLET EXTRACTION APPARATUS – BOROSILICATE
- This apparatus is designed for the extraction and concentration of a component that has a limited solubility in a solvent, leaving behind insoluble impurities.
- It is widely used across chemistry and biochemistry laboratories, the food, plastics, pharmaceutical and oil industries. It also finds application in agriculture and enviornrmnt-related fields.
- Our apparatus is made of borosilicate glass and comprises of a distillation flask, an allihn condenser, a thimble to hold the solid sample and a siphon arm.
- The extraction process involves heating, evaporation, and condensation of the solvent.
- The allihn condenser offers a high cooling capacity, due to its design that includes a series of bulbs that allow for a greater surface area.
- Therefore, the apparatus allows for effective separation, even with relatively small quantities of solvent.