- Maximum Voltage: Up to 350kV, depending on the ambient conditions.
- Length of Sparks: Up to 10 inch.
- Charge Collecting Belt: Made of rubber and has an excellent insulation resistance.
- Tracking: Belt-tracking can be easily adjusted.
- Charge collecting combs/Electrodes: Aluminium mesh, clearly visible.
- Conductor Sphere: Made of aluminium and is 250 mm in diameter.
- Connections: 4mm sockets in the dome and the base.
- Discharger: A sphere with a diameter of 63.5mm, on an insulated handle.
- 4 mm Earth sockets in the base.
- The acrylic shaft allows for full visibility.
Students will be exhilarated to see powerful demonstrations with the accessories included in the kit, making the entire experience of learning about the Van de Graaff generator, a very fascinating one.
- Head of Hair and a comb- Tired of being zapped, plug this plume on top of the dome and watch the hair stand on end.
- Electric Whirl – See electric energy transformed to mechanical energy with this device.
- Volta’s hail storm-That is demonstrated with pith balls contained in a perspex cylinder. It provides for a strong visualization of a variable electric field, which will capture your attention for hours.
- A spare rubber belt.
- Electric tester